Welcome to the CoreWalking Podcast, with your hosts Jonathan FitzGordon and Alex Mabilon. Join them on a journey into the body and mind gaining insights for moving, healing and aging gracefully.
What's the first thing you think about when you think of walking? For many of us it is the feet. In this episode, we explore the feet and their myriad bones, muscles, and connective tissue and how to best care for your feet to keep them pain-free and healthy into your golden years.
In this Podcast...
• How the feet works with the rest of the body to walk
• Foot problems like heel spurs (plantar fasciatis, bunyons, flat feet, Morton's neuroma)
• The anatomy of the foot, and ankle, the miraculous arches and the muscles that bring them together
• How bad positioning of the feet when walking can lead to knee, hip, neck and other issues
• Walking with shoes versus walking barefoot
• How to care for your feet (exercises for strength and release)
• How to run correctly
"And calcifications form to fill in that pocket and the calcium that fills in that pocket is the spur..."
"Conventional wisdom says that if you have flat feet, you have flat feet for life..."
The transverse arch is one muscle as well and that is the fibularis longus..."
"What does it mean when you say that trauma lives in the body?"
"The ankle is a true hinge joint..."
"I've been to a doctor recently and I'm probably going to need knee surgery..."
"So the interesting thing when they talk about neuroma is they say it's one of the thing that cannot be fixed..."
"Shoes are bad for you, and I love shoes..."
"It is all about weight transfer, if you run correctly..."
"Our feet probably aren't muscled enough and I have gone to some of your yoga classes and done Toega..."
R. Crumb's "Keep On Truckin'"
The bones of the foot and lower leg
Bones and muscles of the lower leg
Types of arches in the foot
Problem areas with Plantar Fasciatis
Don't forget to subscribe here
and leave a review.
Copyright 2018, Corewalking - Disclaimer