Welcome to the CoreWalking Podcast, with your hosts Jonathan FitzGordon and Alex Mabilon. Join them on a journey into the body and mind gaining insights for moving, healing and aging gracefully.
The spot in the spine where the ribcage meets the lower back is
one of the more important joints in the body. Muscles essential to
good physical functioning such as the psoas, latissimus dorsi,
trapezius, diaphragm, connect to and through T12/L1,
the thoracolumbar junction, the focus of today's episode.
In this Podcast...
• What and where is the thoracolumbar junction
• The relationship of the spinal muscles and the abdominal muscles
• The effect of tight muscles at the thoracolumbar on our breathing
• Exercises to strengthen, loosen and release the thoracolumbar junction and how it helps us get a fuller breath
• What Corewalking can do to help you with work with your thoracolumbar to optimize its functioning
"Our bodies are happy to take on any habit and pattern..."
"The function of the rectus abdominis is to draw the ribcage down toward the pelvis and the pelvis toward the ribcage..."
"Your neck muscles are tertiary muscles of breathing, like when you're running a marathon or doing ashtanga yoga..."
"The whole body is connected so we can draw a line from the big toe to the big toe again..."
"I said 'look it's all yoga; it's 5,000 years old, everything is yoga.' So my yoga is a little different..."
Who We Talked About:
New You/ Old You
Four Important Joints
Foot On A Block
Don't forget to subscribe here
and leave a review.
Copyright 2018, Corewalking - Disclaimer