Welcome to the CoreWalking Podcast, with your hosts Jonathan FitzGordon and Alex Mabilon. Join them on a journey into the body and mind gaining insights for moving, healing and aging gracefully.
Downward Facing Dog
One of the most, if not the most, visited poses in the modern yoga world, Adho Mukha Svanasana from the Sanskrit meaning downward-facing dog
is touted for its numerous contributions to a healthy and strong body
and a keen and quiet mind. Join us today as we dissect downward dog
to its most basic parts and put it back together to give the foundation
for a near perfect adho mukha svanasana.
In this Podcast...
• The countless benefits doing downward dog regular can engender physically and mentally
• How to slowly build your down dog and let it become your rest pose
• Why downward dog is visited so often in so many yoga classes
• Aligning your hands and feet and everything in between for a beautiful down dog
• What looking at downward facing can inform in terms of posture
• A few contraindications to doing downward facing dog
Transverse Abdominis (The Corset Muscle)
Anteriorly posted pelvis and Neutral pelvis
Extensor carpi radialis brevis
Fingers in Downward Facing dog
Arm Movement in Downward Facing Dog
Don't forget to subscribe here
and leave a review.
* This podcast is produced, edited and mixed by Alex Mabilon *
Pain Relief One Simple Step at a Time
It isn't all that hard to make changes to the way you walk and experience less pain, greater mobility, and better energy.
Walking is the best way to bring permanent change to the body because we all do it, and we do it over and over again...
Copyright 2020, Corewalking - Disclaimer